Sunday 11 May 2014

OUGD505 Research book: Binding

OUGD505
RESEARCH BOOK
BINDING

I decided on an exposed perfect bind for my book, The bind suits the theme of the book, it shows the use of materials is very tactile and also sturdy. The bind was relatively simple to do, and luckily went right first time.


Firstly I put the pages in a press, sandwiched between 2 pieces of mount board for protection. 


I then applied a thin layer of pva glue over the seam and placed a strip of gauze over it. I left it to dry for 30 minutes.


After 30 minutes I then applied another layer of PVA glue to the gauze. This time i left the glue for an hour before covering it with a final layer.


Once the glue had completely solidified i removed it from the press and trimmed off the excess gauze using a sharp scalpel.





No comments:

Post a Comment