Thursday 1 May 2014

OUGD505 Studio brief 2: poster design

OUGD505
STUDIO BRIEF 02
POSTER DESIGN

For the poster I wanted to include different imagery of both Frank Lloyd Wright and his work. I started the process by sourcing the images I wanted to use and converting them to black and white.


FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT:






JOHNSON WAX TOWER:







GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM:



FALLING WATER:


Next I created an Illustrator document A3 scale and started the design. I played around with the layout of the text over lay of the poster, below are the results.








I think the final image is the most eye catching, due to the muted colour scheme the logo is recognisable and bold, but not in your face and garish, I can now go on and produce more posters using this structure.





No comments:

Post a Comment